Skip to main content

Book Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer



How will I start this review? I have lots of feelings right now after finishing the book and I can't figure out a way to finally start it 'cause... you know... the book is so-so good!!! And I love it! (So it begins here I guess)

Mara Dyer. Blinded by truth. Silenced by fear. Mara Dyer is a seventeen year old teenager who suffers PTSD and some mental illnesses (according to her psychiatrist) that gives her the crown with "psychotic" word on the top. But Mara believes she's not delusional or mental because everything the happens to her all lined up with the truth. That Jude is alive and watching her every move. But no one believes her even her all own family. Then she realized that if she still pushed what she believes she'll just be sent to an Institution. And she doesn't want that to happen so Mara kept everything to herself even if it frightens her. But Noah Shaw believes that she tells the truth. He believes that nothing's wrong with her. And he loves her. But she will love him to ruins. 
-------------------------------

What I love about this book is the thrilling sensation in every flip of the page. It really caught all of my attention and interest which led me not to sleep at night and just read this book then fall asleep with the book still on my hands. Mara is the bravest girl in the whole wide world of fiction! (Tho, this books is the reality) She's tougher than a tiger and smarter than a fifth grader. ( Wait? Was that a TV show?) The romance, creepiness and humor are perfectly balanced. Noah Shaw is a perfect guy. Handsome, rich and mysterious. He's my new crush. HAHAHA I asked Michelle Hodkin the day we met if I can have Noah Shaw and she said sure so technically Noah is mine! Sorry, Mara. Wew. Okay, seriously this book is epic! Epic! Epic! Epic! I love it. Really. Super. Even my cat loves it. (Uses it to scratch his neck) 

Rate 5/5 Stars! 

PS. KILL JUDE. RIGHT. NOW.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) Review

Hold your grip everyone! This book will blow you a real fantasy experience through reading! Shadow and Bone has a lot to offer the readers because it covers many aspects in the society (reality) that turned into fiction-kick ass portrayal, friendship, trust, betrayal and magic. This is tricky, lovely and amazing book. I love fantasy. I love Shadow and Bone! PLOT SUMMARY: Alina Starkov is a teenaged orphan, a citizen of Kingdom of Ravka. She grew up with Mal Oretsev. As the story begins they are marching to the Unsea (fold), a perpetually dark, barren, strip of land cutting most of Ravka off from the sea. Periodic expeditions are sent across to take goods to the sea, and bring back imports. The crossing is dangerous, because the Unsea is inhabited by monsters named Volcra. Early in their crossing, the Volcra attack, and, while saving Mal, Alina displays an extraordinary Grisha talent. The Grisha are Ravkan with singular powers, e.g. to call fire, to create wind, to stop hear...

Book Review: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Greg Gaines, a senior high school student in Benson whom I think is a total psychopath (in a good way). He's a "friend to all" the Benson students an calls himself an espionage. He's always with his friend or "co-worker" and they make "bad" films together. Greg first met Rachel or "the dying girl" when they were both in a Jewish School. He didn't like Rachel because she's not his type but it they ended up together, anyway. Greg really regretted that. Every time Rachel calls and invites him to come over and hang out. he just tells her hilariously unacceptable reason. Until Rachel finally got the cue that Greg's ignoring him. So I guess, she hated him then and till high school. That's why they don't talk to each other anymore. Until Greg's mom told him that Rachel has a cancer and she needs someone that can make her happy or laugh. Greg declined that but his mom just bugs him and won't stop telling things t...

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

“You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.” –Theodore Finch Who would’ve thought that this book can make you weep so much at the end? Yes I did. I cried in the middle of the night because of this book. Finch was such a good person and very funny. His character (in the book) was straight to the heart that you won’t doubt every move he did and you would feel the outburst of feelings through him. I liked him. I like the book. It’s shocking, moving, eye opening and sad but the humor is still there. The writing style is good. You won’t miss any moment because it was written clearly. And putting quotes and facts are a PLUS because you won’t just see the author’s idea in her character but also her ideas or thought to other things that may expand the reader’s interest. I liked the book so much I want to hug the author! She didn’t just shared Finch and Violet’s heart to me but she also showed and toured me to the whole Indiana. I felt like I traveled with her character...